Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Marketing Coordinator is the functional lead in country, part of the local business planning team (BPT) and as such one of the primary leaders in the organization. The person in this role helps setting the future direction of the business and is responsible for identifying and executing initiatives that will support UPS Hungary’s ambitious growth goals.
Main areas of responsibility are:
- Chairs the local growth committee which is attended by all marketing and sales staff.
- Analyses results within the context of business planning goals, identifies gaps and root causes, defines corrective action plans in close coordination with sales team.
- Takes responsibility for the planning, reporting and analyses related to main commercial KPIs.
- Owns the opportunity mapping processes.
- Defines market size, growth and market share on an annual basis.
- Performs competitive analyses and monitors competitive behavior.
- Analyses customer behavior and trends; translates these into unmet needs and areas for improvement.
- Identifies growth opportunities by territory, industry, customer segment by discovering new lead sources and building relationships with (trade) associations and other relevant 3rd parties.
- Defines and executes growth initiatives, which might include but is not limited to the following:
- Lead programs.
- Outside Service Provider (OSP) sales program.
- Partnership agreements.
- Specific marketing and sales campaigns (strategic and tactical).
- Enhances the customer experience with the goal to increase customer loyalty and to reduce churn.
- Captures the voice-of-customer in such a way that the organization can measure customer satisfaction effectively, create insights, draw conclusions and take concrete actions for improvement.
- Leads in-country efforts to introduce and implement new (technology based) solutions that will substantially improve the customer experience.
- Oversees and orchestrates all service recovery related activities in a cross-functional context.
- Re-thinks the KPIs and associated measurements in order to measure progress and drive sense of urgency.
- Expands and enhances UPS’ service offering
- Builds and presents business cases in support of the launch of new and/or additional services; leads implementation efforts and drives results.
- Builds and presents business cases in support of network changes that aim at improved service territory coverage, time-in-transit improvements and pick-up and delivery time improvements.
- Explores options for and develops local partnerships.
- Oversees local communication related activities and organizes customer events in line with growth objectives; assists with marketing collateral including translations, proof readings and content coordination.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Marketing or a related field (e.g. Economics). He or she has minimum 5-7 years of experience in managing commercial teams and growth related programs. Sales experience and/or a strong affinity with sales are considered a plus. He or she must be a fast learner, able to process, conclude and then set direction. Strong, proven leadership capabilities should allow this individual to convince and to motivate the local team, resulting in concrete action and tangible results.
- Passionate, curious, open minded, well-balanced personality
- Strong numerical, analytical and conceptual skills; logical thinker
- Creative, decisive and goal oriented; able to translate plans into action
- Structured in approach; process oriented; solid project management skills
- Strong communication skills; convincing; able to build cross functional ‘bridges’
- High degree of accuracy; eye for detail; accountable
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in English and local languages
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.