Brokerage Supervisor (Region Office)Primary Location: Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 058839 Zip Code 486064
The Brokerage Supervisor I is responsible for managing the workload of hourly staff, developing team goals, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, and training hourly employees on compliance with regulations and requirements. The Brokerage Supervisor I maintains productivity and is well versed on international commerce and transportation industry changes. This roles involves working with and managing internal and external vendors at a Region level. This position supervises hourly staff
Administers Compliance and Quality Process
- Submits requests for binding rulings to Customs to ensure standard requirements are met.
- Responds to information requests and notices of action from Customs to ensure timelines are met.
- Manages compliance and liability reports to reduce cargo delays and costs associated with non-compliance of Customs and Border Protection regulations.
- Evaluates performance against quality goals to develop process improvements and increase quality levels.
Provides Customer Care Assistance
- Conducts customer meetings and quarterly business reviews to assist customers in maintaining a leading business edge.
- Applies knowledge of customers' businesses to identify new business opportunities.
- Delegates and prioritizes workload to meet customers' deadlines.
Conducts Exception Reviews
- Reviews reports to proactively manage exceptions.
- Resolves problems in a timely manner to meet customer needs and avoid penalties.
- Reviews Customs' memorandums and notices to be aware of Customs' regulation changes and industry news.
- Reviews entry reports (e.g., late billing report, invoice delay reports, late release, container exception reports, etc.) to ensure accuracy.
Administers Financial Management Process
- Monitors accounts receivables and exchange issues to ensure the accounts receivable balance remains current.
- Reviews and approves Customs' statements to verify accuracy.
- Reviews client profitability and scope of work to identify possible changes and necessity of fee increases.
- Analyzes financial performance of the workgroup to avoid exceeding the established budget.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Freight forwarding industry
- Possess strong brokerage fundamentals
- Applicant must have experience working in a similar industry
- Brings along strong analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Demonstrate good vendor management skills, problem solving skills
- Customer oriented
- Must be a team player, confident, self-motivated and resourceful
- Someone who is willing to relocate within the country through succession planning and development
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.