APAC Forwarding Enterprise Account Manager (Based in SG Region Office)Primary Location: Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 059147 Zip Code 486064
The Enterprise Account Manager is responsible for generating new business by managing business relationships between UPS and designated Enterprise Accounts. He/She executes business plans through meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals. This position leads service and sales activity across UPS's portfolio of products and services, including Freight, Package, Forwarding, and Distribution. The Enterprise Account Manager drives global business growth through solution development, customer-facing communications, contract development, value creation, and negotiation.
Executes Business Plans
• Executes the business plan through the identification and development of sales opportunities to ensure business plan objectives are achieved.
• Collaborates with cross-functional groups to understand internal/external customer requirements, promote service offerings, and provide sales support globally.
• Prepares and delivers customer facing presentations to position UPS solutions and value propositions to customers.
• Develops and implements sales strategies to penetrate existing accounts and drive additional streams of revenue.
• Provides knowledge and understanding of UPS capabilities to respond to general and specialized customer requests.
Maintains Book of Business
• Builds roadmaps that support sales execution (e.g., product mix, etc.) across UPS business units to develop timetables for delivery and achieve the business plan.
• Maintains contract compliance to ensure elements of contracts are being followed by both UPS and the customer.
• Manages the contract renewal process to ensure new contracts are negotiated prior to the expiration of existing contracts.
• Utilizes the Total Enterprise Account Management System (TEAMS) to manage customer information and provide account status to Sales teams.
• Maintains and monitors customer information and account performance data for Freight, Package, and Forwarding and Distribution to track sales performance against sales objectives.
• Utilizes Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance analysis
• Participates in ongoing training to learn about new UPS products and services.
Maintains, Shares, and Leverages Competitive Knowledge
• Shares competitive information internally (e.g., UPS’s Small Package counterparts, annual group sales meetings, etc.) to increase knowledge of the competitive landscape.
• Monitors and tracks competitors to gain competitive intelligence (e.g., business models and strategies, etc.) to be used in engaging prospects and customers (e.g., service and product comparisons, creating customer solutions, etc).
• Remains current on industry news (e.g., industry associations, trade magazines, etc.) to understand marketplace changes and trends.
• Obtains knowledge about customers’ competitors to consult customers on UPS solutions that support their market competitiveness.
Initiates and Builds Customer Relationships
• Cultivates strong partnerships with customers to gain sales leads, coordinate account strategies, and support company goals.
• Serves as point of contact between customers and Sales management teams to deliver programs and leverage UPS’s products and services.
• Sells the value of Enterprise account relationships with existing customers.
• Manages customer expectations to increase scope of penetration within each account.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with multiple customer decision-makers to develop globally comprehensive service solutions.
• Manages multiple customer decision-maker relationships, including C-level, to ensure business continuity.
Builds Internal Relationships
• Addresses customers' concerns by partnering with cross-functional groups within UPS (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Region and District managers, etc.) to quickly resolve issues.
• Partners with cross-functional groups to create customized enterprise solutions for customers and to maximize revenue and profit through new opportunities.
• Serves as an internal advocate for customers' expectations and solution demands to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention.
• Communicates customers' needs to internal stakeholders and local region/district operations during the solution build-out phase to hold internal partners accountable for implementing and maintaining solutions as designed.
• Cultivates cross-functional relationships and involves other Sales resources (e.g., Freight, Customer Solutions, etc.) to provide expertise as needed in helping customers create an efficient supply chain and demonstrates quantified value.
• Works with internal stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Operations, senior management, etc.) to develop comprehensive account strategies for retention, penetration, and acquisition of accounts.
Creates Strategies for Accounts
• Applies a strong understanding of customers' business models and structure to outline appropriate sales processes for developing comprehensive pricing strategies and proposals.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the global supply chain processes within customers' organizations or industries and uses this knowledge to develop account strategies that address customer issues/opportunities and create value for the customer.
• Collaborates with clients and Enterprise Account Account Executives to develop strategic solutions with broad supply chain implications.
• Coordinates project schedules with deadlines to deliver successful implementations.
• Collects information regarding customers' key performance indices to build strategies that match UPS capabilities to customer needs and tie back to the customers' performance criteria.
• Forecasts and plans for customers' long-term business models to position product and service solutions that will meet their future business needs.
• Utilizes negotiation tools to ensure trades are gained and any contract movements are mutually beneficial.
- Bachelor degree / MBA preferred in Management, Marketing, Business.
- Previous experience of having successful engagements with other UPS business sections
- At least 5 years experience in working in relevant industrials, preferable in Express industry
- Demonstrates ability to sell to Senior-Level Executives
- Proven track record of making sales plan objectives in previous assignments
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Dynamic; aggressive and dedicated personality
- Good communication, interpersonal skills; customer oriented
- Active, able to work in a team
- Good working experience in MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.