Country: China (Shanghai Office)
APAC Procurement COE Supervisor (based in Shanghai China Office)
Objective of Centre of Excellence team:
APAC Procurement Centre of Excellence team aims to drive procurement excellence through providing the procurement team and stakeholders with best in class processes and tools including data and market analytics, performance tracking and driving, process optimization and e-sourcing.
- A key driver in developing and lifting the e-sourcing agenda and direction for the region together with the manager
- Critical to identify and filling in gaps in processes, creating standards or improvements in procurement processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness – Coupa E-Sourcing (main) but also in areas of performance tracking/driving/reporting, analytics, category management and governance
Focal Enabler/Process – driving efficiency, effectiveness & excellence for the team
- Proactively identifies or adopt and drive improvement or transformation projects with clear objectives, scope, plan and outcome especially in the area of assigned focal (Different focal/enabler areas that potentially will be assigned include: E-sourcing, Analytics, Market Research/Intelligence, Working capital, Tracking and Reporting, Contract management, Governance processes, S2P transformation, etc)
- Conducts routine reporting (dashboard) and governance on area of focal
- Elevates awareness, influence and activate stakeholders on the improvement plans or new guides and processes that drives procurement excellence
- To design and execute E-sourcing (Coupa) projects for the team and/or self-run projects
- This includes but is not limited to having vendors onboard Coupa, making best use of e-sourcing functionality (T&C gating, feedback function, communication, RFI/RFQ design, RFI/RFQ analysis etc) to achieve desired outcome and efficiencies, incorporating strategic sourcing concepts into system
- Supports and elevate team’s sourcing projects by providing strong analytics, market research and insights for selected projects
- Runs selected sourcing projects independently in accordance to the concepts of 7 Strategic Sourcing Steps, driving best total cost and value of ownership for the company
- Elevates category management/insights by driving category analytics/benchmarking/intelligence for selected categories
- Drives region coordination of certain category management that are globally/corporately procured (eg global business travel)
Stakeholder management for above will be multilevel and cross functional -- internal APAC procurement team, APAC stakeholders from other departments, external suppliers and other region including Corporate stakeholders.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting/Business Administration or any relevant field of discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience performing in a similar capacity with procurement/supply chain experience is required.
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both, Mandarin and English language (both oral and written) to be able to work well with Asian counterparts and stakeholders across all levels and regions.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Strong business acumen, attention to details and excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Prior project management experience with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with significant ambiguity and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen to drive new initiatives and create new processes.
- Participate fully as a member of the team that encourages creativity, productivity, professionalism and teamwork within a diverse team.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) and e-sourcing (Coupa, SAP, Ariba, etc).