The UPS Store Operations Manager - Northern CA
- San Francisco, California
- Level: Varies based on position
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for achieving the region's goals and successful rollout of new initiatives or pilots. The incumbent is responsible for a team of Franchise Consultants (FC’s) that are the face of the organization to the franchisees. This role is responsible for center operations, marketing, technology, sales, training, and many other roles. The incumbent must make sure the FC’s are capable of performing these functions and providing coaching and training to develop their people. This position is a remote position so the TUPSS Operations Manager must take on many roles to support the region. This role must also filter best practices and funnel these up to improve the overall network. The TUPSS Operations Manager conducts weekly conference calls to give Franchise Consultants (FC’s) direction and review results of goals and initiatives. The incumbent oversees the creation and implementation of Quarterly Network Meetings to educate and inform franchisees of new initiatives. This position organizes and conducts training for new FC’s to perform at the expected level of competency and to position for success. The incumbent oversees weekly activity of FC’s to ensure implementation assignments are effective. This role performs additional responsibilities (e.g., QPR Expense Reports, Career Development, etc.) to track results and effectiveness of FC’s.
This position attends network meetings to assure material is presented properly and to answer questions/concerns from the franchisees. The incumbent posts meeting reviews with FC’s to provide feedback and coaching techniques to improve performance. This role oversees On-Job Supervisors (OJS) to ensure performance levels are being met. This position addresses questions and concerns with Franchisees to provide adequate solutions and assistance when FC’s are not knowledgeable.
- Observes franchisees, center employees and customers to provide learned practices for better business development needs
- Monitors low plan deficiency elements (e.g., same store sales growth, new store sales, compliance, etc.) to create a plan to increase future success
- Creates action plans for the FC’s to implement and motivate growth for the region
- Monitors center compliance and ensure the FC’s take proper steps to protect the brand and assure consistency throughout the network
- Analyzes financial performance and determines deficiencies to coach and train FC’s to become knowledgeable to create plans and adjustments
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions
- Demonstrates an understanding of franchise/e agreements and policies; able to understand and use tools provided by corporate office; coaches and communicates with franchisees through training and support functions
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.)
- Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience; chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas
- Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances/setbacks
- Demonstrates an understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts/terminology and applies standard technology in daily work
- Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis
- Certified Franchise Executive (CFE)
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Operations Managers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Develop your career in a global organization
Set the industry standard in customer service
Rotate to different roles to learn every perspective
Manage a dynamic team of UPSers