Senior Database Analyst
- San Diego, California
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, data analysts, systems administration and programming, and Applications Development project teams to apply data operations requirements to support the effective storage and retrieval of data. He/She works independently on one or more highly complex database environments. This position assists with providing the definition of logical and physical data elements for promoting data sharing, reusing data objects, and ensuring a coherent data source strategy. He/She transforms logical data models into physical databases, applying techniques based on applications’ processing needs. This position investigates complex problems, monitors performance, contributes to back-up and recovery procedures, creates reports, and configures and installs database software.
- Drives consistency and maintains standards and procedures for database environments to ensure enterprise compliance.
- Implements and maintains the enterprise’s production and development databases.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics, back-up, and recovery procedures and allocates database resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline - Preferred
- Master's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline - Preferred
- Experience participating in production support calls - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)