- San Diego, California
- Job ID: 315745
- Zip Code: 92121
- Street Address: 6060 CORNERSTONE COURT W
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- San Diego, California
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
This position ensures that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported. The incumbent completes the day-to-day maintenance to ensure thorough and accurate general ledgers. This position uploads, analyzes, and processes journal entries. This role performs and reviews standard month-end entries. The incumbent communicates and documents accounting procedures for specialized accounting and financial transactions.
- Completes journal entry processes to upload data in a timely manner
- Conducts daily general ledger activities to maintain accuracy and timeliness
- Monitors the monthly accounting cycle to validate for propriety
- Reviews account balances to validate line item transactions
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner and submits to management for approval
- Applies basic accounting and financial knowledge to ensure regulatory compliance
- Audits standard month-end entries to confirm accuracy and correct account balances
- Completes self-audits to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Validates signature authorization (e.g., expense reports, charge memos, etc.) to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance
- Codes invoices and vouchers to ensure proper account distribution
- Uses internal system tools to complete detailed financial analysis
- Prepare reconciliation reports to obtain management approval for reconciliation
- Contacts vendors, and internal customers to gather information and resolve issues
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to publish basic and specialized financial reports
- Generates reports to provide status communications for management review
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting theory and principles of Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge; understands industry and financial trends impacting UPS and customers’ organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business
- Identifies the business problem that requires research and sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies details when requested and maintains organized files
- Understands financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses
- Demonstrates an understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Experience with advanced Excel skills (V-lookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Experience conducting financial analysis
- Demonstrates corporate accounting experience
- Experience with SAGE
- Experience with Coupa and Oracle
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law