Operations Management Specialist (Canada)Primary Location: Mississauga, Ontario - CA Job ID 058569 Zip Code L4V 1C2
The Operations Management Specialist works in the package center. This person has key responsibilities in servicing customers and coordinating the center’s administrative activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Monitor the Package Center Information System (PCIS)
- Respond to customer requests and resolving customer concerns
- Administer Service Recovery and Guaranteed Service Refunds
- Dispatch Service Providers
- Dispatching non-management employees for On-Demand Services, Service Recovery, Rapid Recovery, etc
- Perform account maintenance on pick-up accounts, consignee billing, etc.
- Audit various internal systems and reports
- Audit time cards and submit corrections
- Perform light maintenance on hardware and software systems
- Perform DIAD (electronic device) maintenance, updates, and control
- Maintain the center’s loop detail program
- Train Package Center Associates and follow-up to ensure the work is accurate and complete
- Monitor employees work activities and document performance results
- Maintain confidentiality of all internal systems, reports and personnel information
- Give pre-work communication meetings as related to job description
- Must have knowledge of transportation and dispatch functions and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office knowledge ( Excel and Word)
- Key entry skills
- Must have ability to give instructions and work effectively with Service Providers for the purpose of providing a high-level service to customers
- Must have the ability to give instructions and work effectively with Service Providers for the purpose of day to day DISPATCH.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of computers to become proficient in e-mail and other UPS internal systems
- Able to lift 70 lbs. unassisted
- Willing to work in a warehouse setting
Must be able to work without close supervision. Will be required to make decisions based upon broad guidelines, practical experience, and sound business judgment.
Will report to full-time center management. May be responsible for the training and development of center administrative employees where such employees are assigned, and will direct the work of other employees, including service providers.
Standard problem solving procedures mat not always be readily available. Customer retention may depend on person’s problem solving skills. Judgment is required to determine which method or solution is appropriate for a particular situation.
Regular contacts with customers as well as immediate associates, service providers, and management.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the center OMS. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.