Lead Info Security - Modernization & Analytics
- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
Lead Information Security Analyst - Modernization & Analytics
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About this role:
The Lead Information Security Analyst leads and advocates across various teams on best practices around the development and implementation of analytics for information security data and business intelligence activities. This role interfaces and collaborates with IT and business colleagues to develop and communicate insights from large and disparate data to empower confidence in IT Risk management and IT security and regulatory compliance postures. This position performs design, development, and maintenance of reports and analytical tools and performs ongoing data quality monitoring and refinement. This position performs the role of trusted advisor with technology and business stakeholders to drive, track, and resolve all aspects of IT risks and compliance readiness. He/she effectively communicates compliance activity results, remediation, and reporting to a broad audience including peers and senior leaders. This position maintains current knowledge of developing technologies, market data trends, and applications. He/she guides and trains colleagues to increase skill sets and knowledge. This position leads work functions to ensure appropriate resource allocation. The Lead Information Security Analyst reports to the Information Security Manager of the Modernization & Analytics team within the Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) department.
Lead Information Security Compliance – Modernization & Analytics
- Acts as subject matter expert on UPS business processes, data, and analytics capabilities to scope problems, IT Security data requirements.
- Performs design, development, and maintenance of reports and analytical tools and performs ongoing data quality monitoring and refinement and ensure data privacy and security in Google Cloud Analytics solutions.
- Interfaces and collaborates with IT and business colleagues to develop and communicate insights from large and disparate data to empower confidence in IT Risk management and IT regulatory compliance postures
- Maintains broad understanding of implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define strategies that support the creation, development and delivery of analytics solutions that meet business needs.
- Develops and prototypes to ensure analytics solutions satisfy problem statements and business needs
- Champions best practices for adoption of Cloud technologies to derive useful information and insights that empower business decisions.
- Manages analytics projects/teams and serves as a point of contact for teams to ensure team actions remain in synergy while communicating with stakeholders to keep the project aligned with goals.
- Stay current with security trends and developments in the cloud and analytics industries.
Interfaces with Colleagues, Stakeholders, and Team Leader
Mentors colleagues and provides guidance to resolve security and business issues. Communicates identified areas for process improvements and solutions. Develops and presents technical and business solutions to facilitate process improvements. Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
Leads Information Security Projects
Manages Information Security project life cycles to see projects from beginning to end. Creates, prepares, and maintains project plans to estimate resources, plan schedules, define goals, establish metrics, assess risks, develop cost plans, and provide stakeholder reports. Provides status communications for senior management on issues, concerns, and risks to recommend solutions and to ensure products meet customers' needs. Monitors assigned resources to continuously manage productivity, project timelines, and deliverables. Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations. Manages the change control procedure to ensure project deliverables are formally reviewed, completed within planned cost and timeframe, and closed.
- Strong experience with Google Cloud technologies and solutions
- Experience working with automating building of application code using build pipeline in Azure DevOps
- Experience working with data analysis using visualization (PowerBI, Looker and any other tools)
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code, like Terraform, for Cloud
- Expertise in data management pipelines involving data extraction, analysis and transformation using either data querying languages (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, BQ), or scripting languages (e.g., Python, R) and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g., R, Matlab, SAS)
- Information Security Experience is plus
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and driving results and alignment across a variety of contexts and problem-spaces
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Management - Demonstrable experience building and leading highly skilled and motivated work teams
- Presentation Skills - Must be proficient in presenting to leadership on a regular basis
- Must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related field
- Must possess at least ONE of the following information security certifications or have another certification or advanced degree in information security or related field.
- Google Cloud Certification
- Cloud Security Certification such as Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- GIAC Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Security Controls (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)