Sr. Technology Support Analyst - Remote
- Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland
- Level: Varies based on position
Senior Technology Support Analyst - Remote
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Technology Support at UPS Technology:
When you have a tech problem that seems insurmountable, we will be there to guide you to the finish line! Our people skills and ability to simplify technical terms and processes set us apart from the average I.T. worker. Our tech support teams are just as committed to helping fix your problems as we are to promoting technology literacy.
About this role:
The Senior Technology Support Analyst provides users with support services for corporate standard technology products. He/She provides hardware and software planning, technical advice, and informal training to internal customers. This position organizes and coordinates installation and deployment activities for software, hardware, and network facility upgrades.
The Senior Technology Support Analyst troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and equipment problems within established processes and procedures and makes recommendations for problem prevention. He/She interacts with field locations to standardize support practices and procedures. This position coordinates deployments and implementations with Information Services' (I.S.) departments and user groups and facilitates activities to ensure projects and programs meet established deadlines.
The Senior Technology Support Analyst will be responsible for building and extending evolving continuous delivery technology platforms with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices are supported. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. Able to architect, create and deliver redundant, scalable and secure enterprise technology solutions. Solves complex problems that require both technical and business understanding.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining production systems, including: release management, automation, system maintenance, and configuration and use of source code management systems and code build systems. Helps automate and streamline our operations and processes while working closely with the Software Development groups and senior IT management. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operation.
In addition, the ideal candiate:
- Drives operational excellence for the connected services that delivers a24x7x365 operation. Drive improvements & efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes
- Uses knowledge of technology & operational best practices to drive the design, development & implementation of operational standards & capabilities that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Understands & facilitates the validation, packaging, & delivery of development items to various target environments
- Creates, develops, & manages the deployment architecture for applications, Develops monitoring architecture and implements monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations & alerts
- Supports development team/processes, including user management, automated testing, & environment configuration
- Operational point of contact for development, operations & testing. Oversees change management and configuration management operating mechanisms
- Understands where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process & helps implement solutions to gain organizational savings
- Responsible for understanding 3rd party application automation products & applying them to development tasks in a reliable manner. Create software and scripts to automate test, staging, and production service deployments
- Monitors development activities to detect faults or inefficiencies in the processes currently in use
- Drives root cause analysis (RCA) & risk management processes
- Continuous delivery in a cloud environment
- Configure, deploy, & run Open Source Software
- Develops & drives incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms
- Proactively explores new ways to improve user experience, reliability & performance
- Proactively keeps up to date on latest tools, trends, plugins, techniques & shortcuts
- Works cross-functionally to develop best-practices on building & maintaining secure infrastructure, CI systems, & service oriented tools
- Experience with cloud computing and virtual hosting environments - AWS, GKE
- 4+ years experience managing / developing systems in the cloud
- Experience with Linux skills and programming languages such as Ansible
- Good verbal/written communication
- Works and communicates with multiple teams effectively; both technical and non-technical items
- Excellent time management and organization skills\Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it!
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)