Lead Applications Developer - Java
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
About this role:
This is a hybrid role. UPS will consider candidates to work from the following I.T. Campus locations: NJ, MD, GA & KY.
This position provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. They direct component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. They guide teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. They provide knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position leads junior team members with project related activities and tasks. They guide and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Perform technical analysis of software systems and designs. Propose new designs and changes or improvements to the current systems.
- Troubleshoot and trace defects or business logic across multiple systems. Document and diagrams the processes.
- Create technical stories for junior and mid-level developers detailing the technical changes needed to achieve desired features and effects
- Work with internal and external teams along with business resources to understand the business processes and effectively communicate the technical processes for the audience
- Peer review code changes and provide feedback for improvement
- Create project and feature timelines with deliverable dates and report the progress to management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in and have a Mastery Level of Java and Spring Frameworks
- Experience with MQ, SQL & PL/SQ, OpenShift, and Micro Services.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines.
- Knowledge of Camel and Angular 2
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)