Industrial Engineering Fall Co-Op (Healthcare)
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is seeking a dynamic US Distribution Industrial Engineering (IE) Co-op. The IE Co-op supports each Distribution Center to ensure it's engineered with an operating plan that drives continuous improvement, controls cost, increases revenue, and provides innovative solutions for our customers. If you're looking for an exciting co-op with real-life, hands-on work experience, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops process improvement and layout changes to increase productivity and profitability
- Performs operational observation and process documentation
- Creates, analyzes and applies original work measurement
- Monitors and develops productivity standards for functional areas based on work measurement
- Develops operational volume forecasts and presents staffing plans to the IE team
- Interacts with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems
- Identifies exceptions, formulates recommendations, and implements process improvements
- Develops and maintains distribution center AutoCAD layouts and square footage calculations
- Provides steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed
- Conducts cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses and document validation of findings
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be a rising college sophomore, junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, in Industrial or Systems Engineering, or related field
- Ability to work independently or on a team in fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work flexible shift hours
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
SCS Healthcare Logistics Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
after 30 days
Growth from within
Work on a
Team of Experts
Make a Global Impact
Hear about UPS Healthcare's capabilities- the future of healthcare is being built right now, and UPS Healthcare is helping to shape it.
Learn about our Technology Enabled Network for Healthcare shipments, helping to deliver hope.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)