Finance & Accouting Intern
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
Job Title: Finance & Accounting Co-Op
Department: General Ledger – Air Group Building 3A, 1400 N. Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY
Days: Monday - Friday (some evenings and weekends) Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
The General Ledger Co-op supports the department in Airline closing, reporting, and providing analysis to benefit process improvements. Professional work environment with business-casual attire. Daily communication with co-workers, both within and outside personal management team. Evenings and weekends possible during monthly accounting closing process. He/She will be assigned job responsibilities that will vary depending on General Ledger department needs including assisting with various F&A projects, monthly closing tasks, and account reconciliations.
The Accounting Intern, through communication with a variety of positions, may be assigned a variety of tasks including user access reviews, researching and resolving end user computing issues, documenting processes, performing audits, and supporting various projects across the F&A department.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks successfully while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of OBI, Oracle General Ledger, Microsoft Office Suite and Longview a plus.
- Knowledge of UPS accounting structure and policies a plus.
Must be able to work under the pressure of daily deadlines and monthly accounting closing process within a group environment. Must have strong skills in the areas of organization and written and oral communication. May be requested to present in front of management team.
Additional Notes: Will answer questions during interview to assess knowledge level of Microsoft Office and finance and accounting principles.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Finance Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Support Operations in over 220 Countries and Territories
Scope and Stability of a Fortune 100 Organization
Diverse Team of Experts
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)