FAA Liaison SupervisorAIR GROUP BUILDING Primary Location: 1400 N. HURSTBORNE PARKWAY , LOUISVILLE, KY - United States, 40223 Facility AIR GROUP BUILDING Job ID 261217
Job Title: FAA Liaison Supervisor
Department: Quality Assurance – Air Group Building, 1400 North Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40223
Days: Mon – Fri Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Hours Per Week: 45
Work Environment: Office environment. Business casual dress. Occasionally, visits to the local FAA Office, SDF Hangar and/or maintenance stations may be required.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Liaison supervisor is responsible for responding to FAA correspondence, coordinating Voluntary Self-Disclosures and processing FAA data requests. The FAA Liaison Supervisor must be able to: conduct research, understand and interpret legal, regulatory and FAA guidance material. Demonstrate a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; express ideas clearly and concisely; explain the relationship of effective writing to business objectives.
FAA Liaison responsibilities include: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Liaison serves as a primary point of contact for FAA concerns regarding Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering. He/She performs analyses of regulatory/procedural related deficiencies and develops corrective action plans. This position researches and responds to data requests by FAA to aid in the investigative process and inspections. The FAA Liaison ensures the implementation of policies and procedures for aircraft inspection functions. This position inspects aircraft parts, components, and materials in accordance with FAA and UPS procedures, methods, practices, operations, and safety. He/She audits technical records, supporting airworthiness of aircraft, aircraft parts, and components in compliance with 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 121. This position monitors implementation of corrective actions to satisfy FAA inspection findings. The FAA Liaison collaborates with maintenance partners (e.g., Aircraft Engineering, Line Maintenance, Aircraft Maintenance Control, Fleet Operations Group, etc.) to assist with the resolution of regulatory or procedural related deficiencies. He/She conducts investigations of aircraft maintenance operations related to regulatory non-compliance, quality deficiencies, and identified areas of risk. Performs Safety Risk Management (SRM) processes systematically applying management policies, procedures and practices to the task of analyzing, evaluating and controlling risks associated with the hazards inherent to UPS Airlines’ aviation operations in accordance with the Airline Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Experience in an Aviation Quality Assurance role.
- Working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 121 regulations and guidance material.
- Experience with Airline Quality Assurance and SMS Programs including investigations, hazard identification, risk assessments, root-cause, and corrective actions.
- General understanding of 14 CFR Part 121 Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP).
- Experience conducting investigations in an aviation related environment.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills regarding aircraft maintenance and regulatory matters.
- Ability to travel 25% of time (Domestic and International).
- Drafts specialized or technical documents; tailors written communication to fit various audiences; demonstrates the appropriate use of visual elements (e.g. tables, graphs, diagrams, schematics, flowcharts, etc.); plans and edits content and structure of others’ technical documents.
Demonstrates an expert knowledge of how risk impacts the organization and its long term strategy; uses knowledge of the organization’s long term strategy to inform risk management programs; develops risk standards, processes, and tools for managing and monitoring risks.
Interpersonal Skills: Identifies and interprets unspoken feelings, attitudes, or concerns that may be inhibiting meeting progress; anticipates potential problems and effectively provides coaching and direction to resolve conflicts; adjusts meeting objectives as necessary; provides input into better methods for conducting meetings.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.