West Region Industrial Engineering Supervisor
The Enterprise Network Planning Supervisor is responsible for analyzing customer data to design and develop Solutions that meet customers' needs and create value. He/She supports business development by communicating with and educating customers on complex solutions and strategic implications of logistics' options. This position evaluates strategic transportation network opportunities to determine best alternatives for the customer and the organization.
The Enterprise Network Planning Supervisor conducts alternative analysis and makes solution recommendations. He/She managed multiple projects with customer facing deadlines and serves as project manager to ensure quality deliverables for new and existing UPS customers. The position develops solutions’ scope of work, pricing and value added engineering and is responsible for communicating solution vision to all stakeholders.
- Conducts local dock and city analyses summarizing changes in cost, service, and volume levels to determine impacts of various scenarios on transportation networks.
- Develops customer response documents to support potential customers' solutions and contract negotiations.
- Reviews projects' progress to verify customer data assumptions and design criteria and ensure solutions' designs incorporate customers' voice and are consistent with project definitions and scope of work.
- Coordinates and archives solutions' data and repeatable business solutions to maintain business resources for the SCS Strategic Analysis and Market Research group.
- Works with Program, Project, and Business Development managers to stay informed of project status, escalate issues, and track and prepare changes in project scope, project plans, and statements of work.
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements.
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Specifies facts, research, and perspectives necessary to make projections; analyzes statistics and qualitative information within specified parameters; researches trends and conditions used to make projections.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Risk Management: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of risk management fundamentals.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Design: Uses basic engineering theories and principles; identifies findings from prior analyses and recommended solutions; identifies factors of production impacted by proposed changes.
- Experience with project management - Preferred
- Experience within the Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain industry - Preferred
- Experience analyzing statistics and qualitative information – Preferred
- Experience identifying supply chain issues - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law