Sales Support Specialist - FLEX Location
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position is responsible for providing systems and administrative support to the Sales Planning and Performance team. The incumbent extracts and manipulates data to assist in the planning process as well as for incentive payment calculations. This role serves as a focal point for customized queries and tool support.
This position extracts key sales data (e.g., sales elements, sales funnel activities, etc.) to measure sales performance. The incumbent generates prior year sales performance reports to support management in sales planning analyses. This role prepares customized sales performance summaries to support management with sales plan development. The incumbent compares existing performance data against projected plans to analyze sales strategy effectiveness. This position creates databases and queries to manipulate data and enhance reporting tool capability.
- Provides tool support (e.g., Enterprise Sales Planning, SPARCS, etc.) to assist US Package - Small Medium Business (SMB) in completing sales plan processes
- Performs data analyses (e.g., account segmentation, equity analysis, sales territory splits, etc.) to support the sales planning process
- Ensures sales databases contain key data (e.g., alignment, sales goals, etc.) to allow accurate and timely sales incentive calculations
- Monitors the sales process status to support and expedite planning processes
- Generates sales compensation reports to provide summaries for management review and analysis
- Performs manual adjustments on monthly sales incentive calculations to ensure accuracy of final incentive payments
- Provides general administrative support to respond to incentive payment inquiries
- Creates clear and distinct data formats to clarify trends/highlight performance measurements
- Schedules automated report generation to ensure timely data execution and delivery
- Researches and corrects data inconsistencies to ensure data accuracy
- Demonstrates knowledge of database design principles; identifies users’ requirements and needs with guidance from others; understands the importance of maintaining and updating databases
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies details when requested; maintains organized files
- Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business Administration or related field
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Sales employees get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Opportunities to Grow
Strength of the UPS name behind you
Diverse team of experts
Creating custom solutions for businesses
UPS Account Executives
Tanner Trevino, Account Executive, shares how he started in Inside Sales and has grown within our Business Development team.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)