Inside Sales Representative (Flexible Location)
- Fresno, California
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
- Pay Range $19.90+ depending on experience.
- This role is eligible to participate in the Sales Incentive Program (SIP), with an annual target award of $14,340. This bonus is paid out quarterly.
- This position can be performed from any location, virtually, from within the U.S., and the selected candidate must be flexible to work in the time zone based on the territory assigned. It also requires successful completion of the UPS Sales Academy, which is a comprehensive training program that will be delivered via a virtual format.
The ISR is an entry-level sales position responsible for retaining and growing UPS’s Small Package business. Primary responsibilities include conducting sales calls to address customer needs, selling additional products and services, and following up on leads.
In addition to building relationships with key decision makers and serving as a customer advocate, the ISR also researches the competitive environment and uses product knowledge to generate solutions that meet the customer’s needs and business objectives. Pre-call duties include using automated sales tools to perform research into customers’ businesses, as well as account information to develop appropriate selling and pricing strategies. The ISR also creates contracts, monitors contractual compliance, and answers customer questions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries, complaints, and issues
- Coordinates opportunities and strategies with other team members
- Maintains knowledge of UPS products and services to develop appropriate sales solutions
- Reviews customer shipping practices to ensure contractual compliance
- Determines customer discounts and writes new contracts
- Educates customers on UPS’s service channels to expedite problem resolution
- Provides compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
Knowledge and Skills
- Analyzes and evaluates financial data and trends to determine impact on customer and company objectives
- Understands customer business models, operating structures, and strategic objectives, and offers logistic sales solutions
- Solicits information from customers through a variety of questioning and probing techniques
- Understands features and business applications of products, services, and customer-facing technology offerings, and solutions
- Assesses, identifies, measures, and monitors customer’s business needs, and aligns account strategies to maximize profitability and meet strategic goals
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Creates and develops effective strategies to manage accounts
- Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- UPS and/or business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales experience – Preferred
- Fluent in more than one language – Preferred
- Must be flexible to working either time zone based on territory assigned: Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern
Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
UPS and/or business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales experience - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Inside Sales Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Opportunities to Grow
Strength of the UPS name behind you
Diverse team of experts
Creating custom solutions for businesses
UPS Business Development Overview
Learn about our exciting Business Development opportunities. UPS provides great training and support to make sure you are successful in the role.
UPS Inside Sales
Hear from two of our Inside Sales Representatives on how they got started with UPS and how they are helping others develop their careers.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)