UPS Capital Business Development Associate
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Level: Varies based on position
UPS Capital Lead Development Representative grows out customer base by offering potential customers risk mitigation solutions. The incumbent identifies and prioritizes customer opportunities, manages existing account relationships, and answers customer questions. This position uses available resources to proactively contact prospects and customers, learn customers’ businesses, identify business needs, and proactively contact customers to position UPS Capital’s products and services to meet their needs. This role maintains awareness of competitive environment and competitor's offerings and performs other tasks as requested.
UPS Capital Lead Development Representative uses various tools to research current strategies and account information and positions the most appropriate solutions for the account. This role uses strong and effective communication and social selling tactics to research and identify decision makers and to position compelling value propositions to secure and maintain a sale.
- Calls customers to identify their business needs, qualifies opportunities and sells additional products and services
- Identifies key decision makers in customers’ organizations and develops relationships with them to facilitate sales opportunities
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of UPS Capital’s products and services to generate sales solutions that meet customer needs
- Researches and/or learns competitor strategies, capabilities, and pricing patterns to identify ways to position UPS Capital’s products and services advantageously
- Uses knowledge of customers’ businesses to demonstrate how UPS Capitals products and services can support and help customers achieve their business objectives
- Provides compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
- Works cross-functionally (e.g., administrative, revenue recovery, billing, accounts receivable, etc.) to address customer needs, increase revenue and retain current business
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills and financial acumen
- Possesses Customer Support experience
- Understands risk management principles
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word or Excel)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Sales employees get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Opportunities to Grow
Strength of the UPS name behind you
Diverse team of experts
Creating custom solutions for businesses
UPS Account Executives
Tanner Trevino, Account Executive, shares how he started in Inside Sales and has grown within our Business Development team.