UPS Flight Forward UAS Training Manager
Job Title: UPS Flight Forward UAS Training Manager
Department: UAS Flight Operations
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours Per Week: 45
Commitment to Position: 1 year
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Flex Time: Yes
Rotating Shifts: No
Travel: Yes, occasional travel to gateway sites
Job Freeze: No
Work Location: 311 Clark Station Road, Fisherville, KY
Manager: Eric Bergesen
Work Environment: Office/Operations
Our drone airline is the first to receive full Part 135 certification from the Federal Aviation Administration, and we’re flying fast toward new innovations and great customer experiences. We’re the first to fly commercial drone deliveries outside of visual line of sight.
Imagine the possibilities: from rapid transport of life-saving medical supplies, to accelerated door-to-door delivery for online shopping. Right now, we’re working to:
- Expand drone delivery service.
- Add new services including residential and commercial drone deliveries.
- Partner with drone manufacturers to develop drone hardware and software.
- Keep safety at the heart of everything we do.
The UAS Training Manager is responsible for managing the training and evaluation of remote pilots, UAS instructors, check airman and technicians. This encompasses UPSFF aircraft, systems, policies and procedures in classroom and outdoor flight training environments. The Training Manager works with the FAA to maintain training program compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations. Coordinates the maintenance and dissemination of UPSFF and system manuals; works with the Chief UAS Pilot and Director of Maintenance to ensure standardization of policies and procedures between operations, maintenance, and training. In addition, the manager uses data, objectives, best practices and learning principles to research, create, edit, and evaluate learning solutions for use in the UPSFF training program.
- Oversee UAS procedures and repairman training for remote pilots and UAS Technicians in the classroom and outdoor flight training environments
- Works with UPSFF teammates and other subject matter experts (remote pilots, maintenance, and management personnel) to research needs, collect content and build training media
- Reads, interprets, and makes design decisions from performance data, instructor and check airman feedback, published requirements, and other contributing information
- Processes and maintains training and qualification records, makes appropriate record keeping entries and notifies management of any crew disqualifications
- Reviews status of scheduled training, checking and projects to optimize future scheduling
- Provides input as a SME to UPSFF systems manuals to reflect current capabilities and operations of vehicles
- Reviews UPSFF specific outlines for various stages of training (e.g., initial, recurrent, etc.) to maintain their alignment with FAA requirements
- Coordinates with FAA when UPSFF or FAA directives require training program modifications
- Identifies individual and team training gaps and developmental opportunities
- 5 plus years of aviation experience in either UAS or crewed flight operations
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Remote Pilot Certificate (Part 107)
- Second Class Medical Certificate
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to utilize MS Office and Project software
- Airline operations or management experience
- Instructor or check airman experience
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to represent UPSFF with internal and external stakeholders
- Business technical writing skills
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Airframe and Powerplant certificate
- Flight instructor certificate
- Advanced ground Instructor certificate
- Professional certification in training-related disciplines (ISD, facilitation, project management)
- Ability to utilize performance and business data to make design decisions
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law