Primary Location 4009 Riverside Dr, Edison, New Jersey Job ID 350538
- Edison, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
UPS is currently hiring for a Plant Engineering Maintenance Mechanic position. This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees.
Major work activities for this position include:
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and encoders.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grading.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Plant Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Environmental and safety practices
Design and construction of facilities
Work with a committed team
Leadership and relationship building
Nashua Modular Hub
While most of our engineering partners help maintain buildings that are already built, here is a glimpse of how our Engineers construct innovative new buildings.
UPS Plant Engineering
Hear from Mike about what it means to work in Plant Engineering at UPS.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us @UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)