General Ledger Cash Supervisor
- Coppell, Texas
- Facility: Dallas Sandy Lake
- Job ID: 265457
- Zip Code: 75019
- Street Address: 636 Sandy Lake Road
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
General Ledger Cash Supervisor
- Coppell, Texas
The General Ledger Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger and the monthly accounting cycle. He/She has thorough knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and administers all internal standards. This position ensures that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported to ensure accurate presentation of the balance sheet and income statement. He/She responds to internal customer escalations and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting controls. The General Ledger Accounting Supervisor directs the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, profit and loss statements, control checklists, and statistical information. He/She assists all business units during the budget planning process. This position supervises administrative employees as well as specialists.
The General Ledger Supervisor monitors general ledger maintenance and monthly accounting processing activities to ensure thoroughness and accuracy, as well as communicates corporate compliance policies to ensure regulatory knowledge and compliance. He/She has a working knowledge of critical systems (e.g., Oracle, Virtual Trader, Khalix, E2K, etc.) and subsystems (e.g. Payroll, Billing, Accounts Payable, etc.) that are essential to the specific responsibilities of the position, and serves as a subject matter expert to develop Accounting application guidelines.
- Responds to customer escalations and exceptions to research and resolve inquiries in a timely manner.
- Works with business units to identify process work that allows migration opportunity to Shared Services Site.
- Communicates process objectives, steps, and changes to ensure processes are performed in compliance with EWAPPM standards.
- Identifies and analyzes process errors and anomalies (e.g., coding errors, variance analysis, etc.) to ensure customers receive thorough and accurate replies for improving ineffective processes.
- Reviews SOX and Self Audit findings to improve processes and ensure quality and efficiency compliance.
- Evaluates reporting requirements to ensure systems meet operating guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Develops and conducts systems training to provide new processes for enhancing efficiency and productivity.
- Certifies and trains on reconciliations in compliance to US GAAP.
- Supervises a department with a staff of 10-15 people.
- Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes generally accepted accounting practice (GAAP) methods.
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish - Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.