Fixed Assets General Ledger Specialist
- Coppell, Texas
- Facility: Dallas Sandy Lake
- Job ID: 228362
- Zip Code: 75019
- Street Address: 636 Sandy Lake Road
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Fixed Assets General Ledger Specialist
- Coppell, Texas
The GAC BPO Management Tower Support is responsible for assisting with the management of Business Process Owner (BPO) activities within his/her tower and GAC. The BPO is the third-party service provider completing transactional accounting work on behalf of UPS. This includes overall BPO governance, review and approval of BPO activities (journal entries and reconciliations), fulfillment of contractual obligations, process management/improvement, effective communication, and migration of record-to-report (RTR) work to the BPO. The candidate for this role will have working finance and accounting knowledge along with familiarity into RTR processes. Experience working with vendors is a plus. The GAC BPO Management Tower Support will facilitate timely and accurate completion of BPO activities within his/her tower and GAC, as well as compliance with service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements (OLAs).
This role will work directly with the GAC BPO Management Tower Lead to drive satisfactory performance within the tower and support the BPO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages Close activities
- Provides Trial Balance oversight
- Coordinates work activity for BPO
- Owns Process Excellence
- Manages BPO transitions
- Oversees Accounting activities
- Supports Tower specific tasks
- Payroll Tower
- Intercompany Tower
- Accounts Receivable Tower
- Fixed Assets Tower
- Tax Tower
- Accounts Payable Tower
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of finance and accounting, and familiarity with end-to-end RTR processes
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Executes G/L Close processes
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactively communicates updates and manages expectations
- Utilizes strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Effectively works with internal customers and owners of up- and down-stream processes, understands relationships, and builds mutually beneficial outcomes
- Anticipates leaders’ and finance stakeholders’ needs, recognizes and acts on opportunities to enhance internal customer service
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels, and varying cultures
- Seeks out diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Minimum 1.5-5 years' of finance and accounting experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting discipline - Preferred
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or vendor relationships - Preferred
- Qualified or partly qualified accountant (Certified Public Accountant or equivalent) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.