- Coppell, Texas
- Facility: Dallas Sandy Lake
- Job ID: 245593
- Zip Code: 75019
- Street Address: 636 Sandy Lake Road
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Coppell, Texas
The General Ledger (GL) Accounting Specialist ensures that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported. He/She completes the day-to-day maintenance to ensure thorough and accurate general ledgers. This position uploads, analyzes, and processes journal entries. He/She performs and reviews standard month-end entries. The GL Accounting Specialist works and coordinates Internal and External Audits including statutory requirements. He/She communicates and documents accounting procedures for specialized accounting and financial transactions. The GL Accounting Specialist serves as liaison within the different departments and the Finance and Accounting Teams. This position reports to the Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interacts with different Finance and Accounting teams, Domestic (US) and International, and Global Accounting Center departments
- Reviews accounting issues for escalation and resolution
- Communicates with users to deliver accounting solutions for month end close
- Coordinates and monitors month end close activities across the different departments
- Interacts with Finance & Accounting systems
- Works and interacts with F&A systems General ledger, Account Reconciliation, Month End Close Management
- Addresses and coordinates with various systems groups on financial impact issues
- Acquires financial information from accounting system to perform variance analysis and provides feedback to F&A users and management
- Provides support to the F&A teams and different business units and coordinates support with Global Accounting Center’s departments and Outsource Service provider
- Works closely with Internal and External Auditors
- Performs financial analysis
- Reviews Financial Statements for different Business Units/Countries to ensure tax and statutory reporting is accurate and complete
- Analyzes variances using accounting system information (ERP) and Financial Analysis Software as needed
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements within the finance and accounting areas
- Participates in accounting monthly close duties
- Performs journal entries and account reconciliations as directed, using Company’s ERP
- Contributes to department cross training critical functions as assigned by management
- Performs special projects as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in general accounting and/or finance processes creating journal entries, account reconciliations and Financial Statements at least 2 years
- Experience in full accounting process, including statutory accounting, managerial, product level and network model
- Experience in variance analysis Balance Sheet and/or Profit and Losses month-to-month, quarter-to-month and year-to-month.
- Knowledge of Oracle OBI reporting tool, Oracle General Ledger, or other ERP
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with Internal and External Auditors
- Demonstrates a general understanding of full accounting cycle process and a willingness to participate in new project work as well as constant review of existing process for improvement
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.