Senior Data ScientistPrimary Location: Brussels, Region Office - BE Job ID 054603 Zip Code 1200
The senior data scientist will leverage advanced analytics to solve some of the most interesting business problems across the UPS enterprise. As a key member of a growing global team, you will operate in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple roles. You will have access to large volumes of structured and unstructured data as well as the ability to allocate vast computing resources, including GPU’s, to speed up your work. You will employ tools and applications that can fast-track manual steps such as ETL, data exploration, etc. You will have the opportunity to research and experiment with innovative new techniques in machine learning, statistics, and operations research. You will have the freedom to attend conferences and training sessions, and collaborate with partner universities, to further your skillset.
Depending on the assignment, you might serve as an individual contributor who focuses on hands-on work or as a project lead who delegates tasks to others. In addition, you should be comfortable taking on non-technical duties such as project management.
• Provide expertise on computational, quantitative, and algorithmic techniques applicable to data science
• Perform data wrangling, ETL, and data exploration tasks
• Build predictive and prescriptive models, algorithms, and simulations
• Mentor junior-level data scientists
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, data engineers, application developers, etc. to deliver measurable outcomes
• Identify and champion new initiatives aimed at delivering value to business stakeholders
• With guidance, oversee the entire lifecycle of projects, including: scoping, design, modeling, validation, deployment
• Manage multiple work streams while proactively responding to competing demands
• Evaluate open-source and vendor-based tools, such as applications, platforms, frameworks and programming languages
• Master's degree in statistics, operations research, computer science, physics or related discipline
• 4+ years of industry experience applying machine learning, statistical modeling, or optimization algorithms to large data sets
• Consistent track record of contribution to large-scale data science projects
• Advanced knowledge of R or Python
• Knowledge of the following:Generalized Linear and Non-Linear Models, Time Series Analysis, Random Forest, Gradient Boosted Machines, Neural Networks, Unsupervised Methods (Dimensionality Reduction, Clustering, etc.)
• Extensive experience querying relational data systems for ETL and data integration tasks
• Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to present to technical and business audiences
• PhD degree
• Knowledge of any of the following:Natural Language Processing & Text Mining, Experimental Design, Computer Vision & Image Processing, Bayesian Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Collaborative Filtering, Network/Graph Mining, Combinatorial Optimization, Linear & Mixed-Integer Programming, Discrete-Event & Stochastic Simulation
• Experience using Spark/Hadoop systems for distributed analytics and data processing
• Knowledge of: H2O.ai, TensorFlow, SAS
• Proficiency in scaling and operationalizing data science models in production settings
• Experience working in a cloud-computing environment such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
• Prior exposure to the transportation or logistics industry
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.