ParalegalPrimary Location: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels , Brussels, Region Office - BE, 1200 Job ID 066743
Paralegal at UPS
Are you an enthusiastic paralegal with experience in a fast-paced working environment? And would you like to gain experience at an international organization? As a paralegal at UPS, you will assist our Brussels-based European Legal Department on various paralegal and administrative matters.
What you’ll do
You support our attorneys on a wide range of general issues and projects. You assist with implementing new process improvements, such as a database for new contracts and the centralization of translations. You prepare and coordinate Intercompany Agreements and coordinate the corporate law aspects of adopting annual accounts and the inputs to the Weekly Legal Report. Furthermore, you review legal invoices and follow up on invoice-related questions. In addition, you enhance the Legal Department template and knowledge-sharing platform (currently on SharePoint). During holidays and other busy periods, you don’t mind picking up tasks of your colleagues.
What you’ll need
- A professional degree in paralegal studies, such as a bachelor Bedrijfsmanagement Rechtspraktijk or another Belgian or foreign equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to work in a (multi-cultural) team, but also independently.
- A strong work ethic and an eye for detail.
- An organized, reliable, pragmatic, and stress-resistant attitude.
- The ability to learn new things very quickly while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Fluency in (business) English in both writing and speaking. The ability to understand and speak Dutch and French is also essential. Knowledge of other (European) languages is a plus.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits, including 20 leave days based on a full-time position, group insurances (hospitalization, pension, life, and disability), meal vouchers, and a 13th-month pay.
- Professional training to help you become even better at your job.
- Plenty of opportunities to progress and grow thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit
At UPS, we treat people fairly. We select, recruit, train, promote, and compensate based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Is Future You ready and excited for this challenge? Apply now for this position at UPS!
The ideal candidate for Paralegal will have experience in a fast-paced office environment or a professional paralegal education (“Bachelor Bedrijfsmanagement Rechtspraktijk”) or other equivalent Belgian or foreign qualification.
• Fluent business English is essential; French or Dutch is important; other languages are an asset.
• Proficient with Windows-based applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as excellent communication skills and an ability to deal with interlocutors at all levels
• Be comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
• A team player with a positive outlook who is also able to work independently
• Organized, and able to take the initiative
• Reliable; flexible - willing to stay to complete the job when the occasion requires
• Dynamic, pragmatic, hands-on, easy-going, but structured and disciplined at the same time
• Quick learner, with high quality standards
• Strong work ethic and high degree of accuracy with an eye for detail and accountable• Ability to manage a certain level of stress from time to time
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.