Legal Specialist (Intl only)Primary Location: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels , Brussels, Region Office - BE, 1200 Job ID 066740
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide
Here at UPS, we pride ourselves on offering rewarding opportunities. You'll have opportunities to develop yourself and your career, while gaining the tools you need for continued growth within the company.
Our love of logistics is driven by our passion for people.
With employees in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, there's no question that diversity is part of the social fabric at UPS. Every day, UPS meets an infinite number of needs with innovative solutions in businesses, homes and communities everywhere. It takes diversity of thought, experience and intelligence to get the job done.
At UPS, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive range of extra–legal benefits, including group insurances (hospitalization, pension, life and disability) and meal vouchers. Being part of the UPS world will offer you much more than this. You will be exposed to a dynamic, fast paced, international environment made of highly talented individuals and you will learn from years of solid experience and work with the latest technologies. You will be part of the world's leading logistics company where your talent is recognized and rewarded.
Purpose of the job:
The UPS Europe Region is based in Brussels and covers all of Europe. The Europe Legal Department is looking to hire an additional Paralegal (based in Brussels).
In your role as Paralegal you will be assisting the Brussels-based European Legal Department on a variety of paralegal and administrative matters, such as:
- Supporting the Brussels-based attorneys on a range of general issues and projects;
- Assisting with the implementation of new process improvements (eg. new contracts database, translation centralisation, …);
- Continuing to enhance the Legal Department’s template and knowledge sharing platform (currently on SharePoint);
- Preparing and coordinate Intercompany Agreements;
- Coordinating the corporate law aspects of adopting annual accounts;
- Coordinating inputs to the Weekly Legal Report; and
- Preliminary review of legal invoices and follow up on invoice-related questions.
The Paralegal will also be exposed to other work from time to time as within the group there is mutual back-up of certain tasks during holidays.
This job description is intended as an illustrative list to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this function. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
The ideal candidate for Paralegal will have experience in a fast-paced office environment or a professional paralegal education (“Bachelor Bedrijfsmanagement Rechtspraktijk”) or other equivalent Belgian or foreign qualification.
- Fluent business English is essential; French or Dutch is important; other languages are an asset.
- Proficient with Windows-based applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as excellent communication skills and an ability to deal with interlocutors at all levels
- A team player with a positive outlook who is also able to work independently
- Be comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Organized, and able to take the initiative
- Reliable; flexible - willing to stay to complete the job when the occasion requires
- Dynamic, pragmatic, hands-on, easy-going, but structured and disciplined at the same time
- Quick learner, with high quality standards
- Strong work ethic and high degree of accuracy with an eye for detail and accountable
- Ability to manage a certain level of stress from time to time
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.