Global Mobility Specialist
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Are you passionate about Global Mobility & Relocation? Then keep reading…
UPS is looking for someone able to work in a multi-cultural environment and build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
The Global Mobility Specialist is responsible for executing the Global Mobility strategy and administering activities encompassing temporary assignments, relocation policies and procedures, assignment compensation, immigration assistance, and regulatory considerations. The Specialist supports the Global Mobility team to ensure that our programs are locally relevant, cost effective, in compliance with local regulations, and appropriately implemented while ensuring exceptional experience for our relocating employees.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides daily support to the Global Mobility team and collaborates on projects, initiatives, stakeholder education and consultation.
- Completes initial intake of complex mobility cases and assists the Global Mobility team members in completing research and analysis of the case. This includes coordinating input from internal teams and summarizing findings and suggestions to stakeholders, while maintaining a focus on employee well-being.
- Acts as the liaison between key internal stakeholders and outside supplier partners to ensure quality delivery, optimal experience and communication of mobility services to employees.
- Works with external supplier partners on relocation, tax and immigration questions and concerns as well as internal partners including Corporate Tax, Payroll/Finance, and Legal to coordinate assignment benefits and troubleshoot issues.
- Acts as a liaison between various UPS teams, HR teams, supplier partners to ensure matters adhere to UPS global mobility policies.
- Creates and reviews reports and maintains assignee information for internal and external customers to track and review mobility process (i.e., expense coding, weekly committee reviews, cost estimates, tax settlements, etc.) and to ensure compliance in the areas of immigration, tax and payroll.
- Perform full cycle mobility administration in partnership with mobility supplier partners, internal partners / stakeholders, and the employees.
- Audits and reviews vendor invoices to ensure accurate coding, reduce billing errors and coordinate payments.
- Prepare, organize, and improve accurate data collection for monthly metrics, reporting, year-end compensation reports, budgeting, etc.
- High degree of integrity, confidence, self-awareness and respect to others.
- Complete additional mobility projects or duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Finance, or related field.
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Proven understanding of global mobility / relocation programs or benefits.
- Proven understanding of immigration, visa types, etc.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders, including third-party providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with exception follow through.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to identify, assess, and resolve complex problems.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, SharePoint skills.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.