Flex Part-Time Brockton On- Road SupervisorBrockton Primary Location: 200 Oak Hill Way , BROCKTON, MA - United States, 02301 Facility Brockton Job ID 241559
The PT Feeder Supervisor is responsible for assisting and reviewing UPS Small Package dispatch activity and yard control to ensure timely and proficient service. He/she assists with dispatch planning and is responsible for ensuring that service, safety, and cost goals are met.
The PT Feeder Supervisor works with service providers to maximize day to day proficiency and ensure packages are delivered in a safe, timely, and professional manner. He/She participates in the development and implementation of work process plans to maximize center proficiency and achieve business results. This position reviews and analyzes work processes and work schedule information (e.g., exception reports, volume delivered/hour, miles driven, car set up, hours worked, accidents, etc.) to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve performance.
Employees will work a 3 day workweek with a minimum of 16.5 hours per week not to exceed 20 hours per week. Part-time management employees are paid weekly. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are offered to employees. Additional benefits include educational assistance, 401K, discounted stock, and paid vacations/holidays.
- Completes administrative tasks (i.e., performance reviews, accident reports, service failures, training) in a timely, accurate manner to facilitate the execution of the dispatch plan through the Service Providers.
- Uses the Balanced Scorecard and Quality Improvement Process to monitor workgroup performance against business goals.
- Communicates with customers to respond to service concerns, build relationships, and determine solutions that meet business goals.
- Uncovers business opportunities to forward this information to the proper department (i.e., dispatch supervisor, center management, and business development) for follow up.
- Encourages service providers to identify and forward volume development opportunities to management.
- Creates a customer focused work environment to emphasize service and focus on building the business.
- Communicates customers’ business needs to employees to provide an understanding of job responsibilities and how actions impact customers.
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a basic understanding of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries and auto crashes; recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods for small package operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment, and technology used within the operation.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.