Ocean Freight Supervisor IPrimary Location: 9/201-207, UM Tower 20th, Ramkamhaeng Rd., Suanluang , Bangkok, Bangkok - TH, 10250 Other Location: Thailand Job ID 066520
Job Summary : -
The Ocean Freight Supervisor I supervises operational activities and communicates company expectations. This position troubleshoots customer problems and escalates atypical issues for management recommendations. He/She monitors processes for regulatory compliance and trains less experienced staff. This position supervises hourly employees within the department.
Job Duties : -
Monitors Ocean Product Operations
- Distributes daily assignments based on work plan priorities to provide equitable workload distribution and to ensure service levels are within projected time parameters.
- Analyzes and refines operational processes to create consistent and repeatable procedures.
- Seeks management recommendations to resolve atypical issues and address complex customer concerns.
- Contributes to special projects to promote business enhancements (e.g., new applications, systems support, etc.).
- Generates Ocean Freight Reports
- Extracts information to compile weekly file and quote counts for staffing validation.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets to fulfill customer requested data (e.g., insurance, invoices, etc.).
- Generates reports to combine operational data (e.g., storage costs, etc.) for shipment processing and management review.
- Generates daily performance reports (e.g., missing invoice report, etc.) to define process improvements and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates the preparation of shipment documentation and administration to support operations.
Conducts Ocean Freight Audits
- Conducts audits to ensure performance targets are being achieved.
- Audits completed folders to ensure milestones for master operating plans are completed and documented and to minimize rework.
- Audits training results to ensure team members receive consistent training focused on accuracy and productivity.
- Develops and distributes instructional processes to provide documented duties for training and job completion.
- Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge
Job Requirements : -
- Brings along 5 – 10 years of relevant working experience
- With at least 5 years in a management level supervising a team
- Able to speak fluently and confidently in English as this position require to attend to US base customer
- Required occasionally attend to night call due to time zone differences in US
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.