UPS Capital Marketing Applications Sr. Product Man
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 281293
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Marketing Applications Sr. Product Man
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Customer Technology Marketing (CTM) Sr. Manager contributes to the end-to-end planning, creating, and managing of new and existing customer technology applications. He/She works on multiple concurrent projects and develops customer research, application concepts, enhancements, and launch strategies. This position supervises Marketing Analysts.
The CTM Sr. Manager develops long-term strategies to align customer technology marketing initiatives with UPS’s strategic imperatives. He/She promotes vendor marketing plans to effectively communicate the value proposition to internal and external stakeholders. This position interprets implications of customer research to build business cases for new customer technology products or enhancements and develop action plans. The CTM Sr. Manager maintains subject matter expertise in customer technology applications, vendor offerings, and marketplace activity to provide accurate and useful information to internal stakeholders and to identify trends and opportunities. He/She examines customer business processes to identify customer issues and opportunities for process improvement.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders, and Customer Communications to develop key messages to support product launches, enhancements, and to foster customer and/or third-party vendor awareness and adoption of UPS products and services.
- Distributes reports to stakeholders (including Investor Relations and Board of Directors), outlining projected and actual performance and corresponding action plans.
- Gathers data from external (e.g., Forrester, Web Trends, etc.) sources for use in forecasting and tracking solution performance.
- Visits customers and/or third parties to gather firsthand data on customer needs, issues, and product usage patterns.
- Manages execution of customer research with other internal groups (e.g., Business Development) to gain insight on customer needs and generate ideas for new concepts.
- Communicates research findings to both internal and external stakeholders to foster awareness, facilitate the development of action plans, and gain support for campaigns and initiatives.
- Gathers customer and/or third-party data from internal sources (e.g., Business Development [BD], GBS, brainstorming sessions) for use in market research projects.
- Develops prototypes or "mock-ups" to test the usability of planned application development.
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality, and understands and communicates limitations; relates and compares information from different sources; manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges own findings and documents process and outcomes; audits own analyses and determines their validity.
- Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Uses hypothesis driven investigation to solve problems; identifies relationships and patterns among data from various sources; tests for causality and identifies root causes of problems or trends.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Develops New Product/Customer Technology: Identifies and vets new concepts considering customer needs and the commercial viability of ideas; thoroughly documents features, specifications, and benefits associated with all new customer facing technology or service introductions in the value elements library.
- Develops Situational Assessments: Establishes and maintains a comprehensive marketplace assessment of customers, competitors, and other relevant market factors; gains new and unique customer insights through data modeling, marketing research, frontline personnel interviews and direct customer engagement; establishes learning objectives and plans to fill gaps in knowledge; analyzes issues for root causes and opportunities to prioritize key issues; evaluates, from a customer’s perspective, the experience of engaging with UPS across all touch-points in order to identify improvement opportunities; demonstrates understanding of and monitors the performance of customer sub-segments across the conversion, penetration, retention, and win back cycle.
- Finance Knowledge: Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law