UPS Capital Sr. Marketing Analyst
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 255677
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Sr. Marketing Analyst
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Senior Marketing Analyst researches market opportunities, obtains competitive and trend data, and develops product strategies and requirements to meet customer needs in the regional markets. This position evaluates customer/industry/segment data and research to develop revenue projections, product performance forecasts, and market penetration estimates/assumptions for business models. He/she communicates with operations staff in the regions to ensure product and service requirements for each region are met. The Senior Marketing Analyst works with business development managers, sales managers and other Marketing managers to identify customer needs and opportunity segments and translate them into product features and benefits to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated in product design.
The Senior Marketing Analyst reviews annual situation assessment (i.e., SWOT [strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats] analysis) to understand past performance of products and services. This position researches internal and external customer data to understand factors driving product performance and results. He/She manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. The Senior Marketing Analyst develops New Product Definition Documents (NPDD) and discounted cash flow plans to justify recommendations for new products or services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implements measurement plans to ensure effective tracking of direct marketing activities and program or product deployment (e.g., enrollment, activations, etc.).
- Presents findings on key issues to stakeholders to gain departmental approvals for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitors and reports performance of marketing initiatives to senior management to explain any variance to plan and outline key learnings or issue.
- Identifies strategic implementation opportunities of key customer issues to develop alternatives in incentive plans, product repositioning and new approaches to the marketplace.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of the purpose, benefits, and alternative methods of segmenting markets; analyzes current customer performance and market potential of defined segments; able to define the purpose, benefits and differences between value statements and value propositions.
- Identifies key factors behind basic problems and establish a path to solve them; proposes approaches to solve more complicated problems; investigates and diagnoses anomalies in routine business results.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Familiar with the primary customer business processes in which UPS solutions are most frequently applied (e.g., order management, shipping, receiving, returns, accounts receivable and accounts payable); within area of responsibility, able to describe customer benefits through the application of UPS solutions.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.