UPS Capital Business Intelligence & Analytics Mgr
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 226388
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Business Intelligence & Analytics Mgr
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Capital (UPSC), one of the fastest growing subsidiaries within UPS offers opportunities for career development, mastering your craft, and virtually limitless professional growth. UPS Capital Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA) department at UPS Capital delivers analytical information and insights for enhancing UPS Capital’s marketplace competitiveness and supporting growth initiatives.
The UPSC BIA Development Manager focuses on predictive and prescriptive analytics that solve business problems or informs decisions using evidence-based approaches to grow UPS Capital’s risk mitigation and insurance business. He/She working with other BIA team members is responsible for research and implementation of advanced analytics models including ML/AI using large volumes of structured and unstructured data along with a diverse set of advanced analytics techniques. This position leverages knowledge of the risk management domain and a broad set of technical skills to the development of technical frameworks and solutions at UPS Capital’s enterprise level. The UPSC BIA Development Manager serves as a subject matter expert on advanced analytics for UPS Capital, spearheading Universities and industry relationships in the future. This position manages others within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Executes UPS Capital’s strategy to leverage Analytics/ML techniques and models to rapidly drive UPS Capital’s business and customer value
- Drives the growth and maturity of the UPS Capital’s Analytics/ML talent pool, and accelerates the use and delivery of Analytics/ML to solve strategic business problems
- Collaborates with internal, external and cross functional UPS Capital and UPS business teams to lead efforts to bring in new data science technologies, frameworks and methodologies
- Evangelizes benefits of incorporating Analytics/ML in business with the goal of identifying new opportunities and growing existing business
- Lead team of Data Scientists to conduct Proof of Concept (POC) projects as needed to vet techniques and potential business value models
- Seeks and refines data enrichment methods, sources internal and external data sources, and cleanses and integrates datasets from disparate sources
- Works with Technology Infrastructure teams to evaluate and implement new analytics platforms, services and methodologies
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in Data Science Solution Development Lifecycle
- Experience in generating Advanced Analytics solutions to address business needs
- Experience with Python, Jupyter, R, Tensorflow
- Demonstrated passion in building solutions to answer business questions and improve business processes
- Experience in machine learning and advanced analytical methods such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, classification, clustering, operations research, etc.
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, inferential statistics and statistical methods
- Skill in enterprise-level visualization and analytics platforms
- Experience in simplifying and presenting complex data science and machine learning concepts to business users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong team building skills
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Analytics, Computer Science, or Statistics - Preferred
- Experience with database technologies, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, and Analytics Platforms - Preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills - Preferred
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills - Preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform including BigQuery and ML - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.