Senior Application Developer
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 217933
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Senior Application Developer
- Atlanta, Georgia
The BIA Senior Apps Developer Analyst designs and builds databases to support applications and build foundation designs for implementation of future business rule changes. He/She harvests and analyzes data from various sources to evaluate content, consistency, usability, and reliability and to collect data for research and analysis. This position summarizes resource utilization and goal timelines to support BIA senior management decision-making on department resources and expectations. The BIA Senior Apps Developer Analyst will also investigate user application issues to provide resolutions and to ensure applications meet user expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages SQL programming to generate usable and meaningful data and data flow to ensure applications are readable and easily understood
- Manages front-end language development to provide clutter-free user interfaces for accessing information easily
- Creates scalable solutions based on business specifications, knowledge, and current data to support UPS departments and senior management decision-making
- Analyzes data for information and trends to establish dataset value, uncover data meanings, and identify trending for decision-making
- Acts as a data subject matter expert to ensure project teams understand data meaning and methods for extracting information
- Evaluates process methods and available resources to create automation, build routines and schedules, and to identify data tools
Knowledge and Skills
- Designs information organization, accessibility, and security to create databases based on user needs, using available database management software; devises procedures and schedules to maintain and update databases; installs and updates databases
- Creates disaster recovery plans for own environment and helps document procedures; plans and tests recovery procedures in a remote backup environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the existence of foundation architecture standards; supports the need to adhere to standards; knows who to ask for information and guidance
- Synthesizes information and facts to draw supported conclusions and insights; demonstrates logic, rationality, and objectivity in drawing conclusions, defining solution options and decision making
- Applies in-depth knowledge of products, services, and internal systems; works cross functionally to understand and articulate internal business processes (e.g. system requirements, training) for internal systems; applies analytical skills and advances recommendations on alternative systems solutions with different cost / benefit equations and tradeoffs; coaches others in developing creative, workable solutions to complex system issues; coaches others in the development of logical business cases; evaluates impact of solution on service, cost, and quality
- Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements
- Participates in evaluation of emerging industry technologies. Understands technologies' impact on current IT architectures and infrastructures
- Guides the development of applications to ensure goals and objectives of projects are met; participates in the architecture definition process; translates requirements to designs for large and highly complex applications; identifies and designs non-functional requirements; designs and develops system interfaces and databases; applies multiple testing techniques to minimize defects and deliver quality code for large and highly complex applications software
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Uses experience and appropriate tools to diagnose and manage complex problems; revises and communicates changes to procedures when necessary and provides input on changes to the tools available for diagnosis; provides recommendations for the resolution of complex technical problems; participates and manages walk throughs, tests, and the execution of processes and applications in order to identify inefficiencies and deficiencies; proposes solutions to improve processes and applications and to correct problems and improve efficiency; makes agreed upon changes and reviews changes contributed by others on the team; communicates resolution of problems to the appropriate audience in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.