- Atlanta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
The Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the reporting processes to ensure these are completed in an efficient and timely manner. He/She assists in researching and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment of transactions based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position may directly supervise specialists and supervisors.
The Reporting Manager prepares monthly/quarterly financial statement variance analysis and works with business units to obtain explanations. He/She performs accounting research for technical issues to ensure SEC and other statutory filings comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC disclosure requirements, and related guidance. This position prepares documentation on accounting treatment for these technical issues. He/she also works with internal/external auditors to provide any requested information on these issues in the performance of their audit. The Reporting Manager prepares accounting entries and documentation for several complex accounting areas. He/She prepares certain annual, quarterly, and monthly accounting processes.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly financial statement variance analysis
- Prepares presentations for the Audit Committee and senior management on various financial topics.
- Prepares and reviews updates to the company’s internal accounting policies and procedures manual, to ensure that accounting personnel in other parts of the company have access to current UPS accounting policies.
- Provides updates to senior management on new and proposed accounting guidance, and the potential impact on the company.
- Provides supporting documentation and other materials to the external auditors in conjunction with the completion of their annual and quarterly audit and review processes.
- Coordinates with external auditors.
- Accounting Knowledge: Applies standard GAAP methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Uses the enterprise strategy to identify the key indicators of performance for individuals, departments, and/or groups; creates measures relevant to desired results; recommends methods for measurement (e.g., surveys, focus groups, observations, metrics, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree – Accounting - Preferred
- Master’s Degree – Preferred
- Master’s Degree – Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field – Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification - Preferred
- SEC filing and reporting experience - Preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm or experience in an external reporting and accounting position with another company - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Finance Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Support Operations in over 220 Countries and Territories
Scope and Stability of a Fortune 100 Organization
Diverse Team of Experts
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)