- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 214846
- Zip Code: 30350
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Atlanta, Georgia
The International Finance Planning & Analytics (IFP&A) Reporting Specialist serves as a key member of the UPS International Small Package Business Unit supporting the Business and Profit-Planning cycles, conducting analyses, and assisting in implementation of process enhancements. This position tests and analyzes for existing and new methodology changes. The IFP&A Reporting Specialist will answer questions and provide analysis while supporting Regional and Local partners impacted by our data. He/She interacts with users to ensure accurate data and develops and maintains queries to generate reports.
The IFP&A Reporting Specialist must work cross-functional with BIA and Accounting groups to gather requirements for system enhancements or business rule changes. He/She uses Oracle applications to extract data for reports and slide presentations. This position also completes work with thoroughness and supplies appropriate details as requested to ensure accurate reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicates with users to clarify issues and to determine business impacts
- Analyzes system process to identify areas of enhancement
- Defines scope of issues to determine root causes
- Supports tracker logs to research issues and provide details
- Tests changes to ensure proper functionality
- Verifies data to ensure accuracy
Knowledge and Skills
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Process & Report Generation: Possesses ability to create and assist in enhancing processes and/or reports using functions in software, and/or writing queries; identifies information required for completion and assesses existing processes and reports generated by others
- Data Analysis: Possess ability to evaluate large sets of data into useful insights to support decision-making and conclusions
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint) - Preferred
- SQL - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.