F&A Systems Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 261893
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
F&A Systems Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a Finance & Accounting (F&A) Systems Supervisor to serve as liaison between global accounting users and application developers to deliver financial systems solution projects. This position is part of the F&A Vision and Transformation program, which is focused on standardizing Record-to-Report business processes and implementing technology solutions for UPS’ global accounting centers. This position is responsible for performing project activities such as project management, business analysis, policies & procedures, user acceptance testing, user training, change management, production migration, and production support. This position coordinates project activities involving users and I.T. team members outside of the department. The F&A Systems Supervisor performs business analysis by gathering, analyzing, documenting, reviewing, and communicating business needs/requirements between users and application developers. He/She also performs current state analysis of financial systems and business processes to identify areas for improvement. He/She develops global standards and process efficiencies within the global Shared Services environment.
The F&A Systems Supervisor creates and submits change requests to track the requirement development process. He/She analyzes business requirements to determine validity and feasibility. This position assesses requested information to ensure alignment with business needs, objectives, and practices. This position performs user acceptance testing by planning and executing testing scenarios to verify system enhancements meet user requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops plans that balance details with the big picture; adapts level of detail required for a given audience
- Manages projects through complete project lifecycle including Initiation, Feasibility, Analysis, Execution, & Closeout phases
- Schedules and facilities project meetings to discuss project details
- Captures and follows up on project issues and action items to ensure completion of project tasks
- Documents and communicates business process and system impacts changes resulting from system enhancements
- Gathers and documents business & functional requirements
- Creates system diagrams and business process flows to document current and future state solutions
- Analyzes and monitors user acceptance testing results to ensure testing objectives are met
- Develops test scenarios to validate functionality and enhancements of systems
- Executes test scenarios to ensure systems are built according to requirements
- Records testing defects and coordinates with users and developers to resolve issues
- Assesses user training needs and coordinates change management and training activities
- Creates training materials and delivers training to users
- Reviews production issues to escalate and resolve issues
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn internal and external systems
- Captures and documents specific and accurate information, learns and completes work thoroughly, supplies appropriate details when requested, and maintains organized files
- Demonstrates, communicates, and applies general understanding of technology used by the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or a related field - Preferred
- Supervisory Experience - Preferred
- Experience with enterprise finance and accounting systems - Preferred
- Experience with business analysis - Preferred
- Experience with project management - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.