External Reporting Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 181949
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
External Reporting Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
The External Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the external reporting processes to ensure all governmental filings (e.g., Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC] forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.) are completed in an efficient and timely manner. He/She assists in researching and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment of transactions based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position directly supervises specialists and supervisors.
The External Reporting Manager prepares SEC filings (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, etc.), and prepares financial data and calculations contained within the filings. He/She performs accounting research for technical issues to ensure SEC and other statutory filings comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC disclosure requirements, and related guidance. This position prepares documentation on accounting treatment for these technical issues. He/she also works with external auditors to provide any requested information on these issues in the performance of their audit. The External Reporting Manager prepares accounting entries and documentation for several complex accounting areas. He/She prepares certain annual and quarterly accounting processes (e.g. goodwill impairment).
- Prepares other financial and regulatory filings for the company, including filings with the Department of Commerce, Department of Transportation, and Department of Labor.
- Prepares presentations for the Audit Committee and senior management on various financial topics.
- Prepares and reviews updates to the company’s internal accounting policies and procedures manual, to ensure that accounting personnel in other parts of the company have access to current UPS accounting policies.
- Provides updates to senior management on new and proposed accounting guidance, and the potential impact on the company.
- Provides supporting documentation and other materials to the external auditors in conjunction with the completion of their annual and quarterly audit and review processes.
- Coordinates with external auditors to ensure accuracy and completeness of SEC filings.
- Accounting Knowledge: Applies standard GAAP methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Uses the enterprise strategy to identify the key indicators of performance for individuals, departments, and/or groups; creates measures relevant to desired results; recommends methods for measurement (e.g., surveys, focus groups, observations, metrics, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree – Accounting - Preferred
- Master’s Degree – Preferred
- Master’s Degree – Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field – Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification - Preferred
- SEC filing and reporting experience - Preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm or experience in an external reporting and accounting position with another company - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.