Corporate ACR Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 255243
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Corporate ACR Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
The International Finance and Accounting (IFA) Supervisor is responsible for supporting and coordinating the accounting function for UPS international entities. He/She monitors the accounting process and prepares consolidated financial statements and reports. The IFA Supervisor facilitates the month-end close process of accounting entries for international regions and districts (e.g., Europe, Canada, Mexico, Asia, etc.) to ensure accuracy with the general ledger. This position also creates monthly accounting reports to provide financial results and details for senior management (e.g., International Finance and Accounting (IFA) Controller, IFA Department Manager, etc.). He/She will be required to travel.
The IFA Supervisor provides Worldwide Forwarding (WWF) Accounting Process support throughout the region including training, implementation, and follow-up. He/She ensures accounting compliance related to account reconciliations. This position performs variance analyses for all business units specializing in WWF. The IFA Supervisor provides analysis and reporting to upper management on accounting related anomalies.
- Reviews existing intercompany relationships and accounting procedures to ensure accuracy, US GAAP compliance, and managerial reporting impacts
- Works with regional treasury centers to facilitate international country settlements of excess dollars due back to the United States.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly conference calls for international region coordinators, managers, and supervisors to provide updates on intra-department processes.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Determine employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Multicultural Agility: Recognizes importance of understanding global and cultural diversity; interested in learning about cultural differences that impact business.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Must have experience with the generation, comprehension, and analysis of balance sheet and income statements
- Must be fluent (oral and written) in English and Spanish
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Accounting, Finance, or related field- Preferred
- Master’s degree- Preferred
- Intermediate accounting knowledge (Foreign Currency Accounting, Cost Plus Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, etc.) - Preferred
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment – Preferred
- Fluent (oral and written) in Portuguese – Preferred
- Experience with Oracle software – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.