Senior UX Designer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Job ID: 309290
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Senior UX Designer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
This position leads the creation of a logical and easily navigable user experience, including user interfaces, navigational rules, information organization, site maps, and planning as it relates to the customer’s experience on ups.com. The incumbent uses industry standard design methodologies, customer research data, analytics, and website heuristics to design interactive web application interfaces for ups.com. This role supervises others within the department.
This position conducts research on current web design/user experience best practices to facilitate process improvements within the user experience team and collaborates with the cross-functional teams to update the user design standards and develop new technology prototypes. The incumbent serves as the interaction design Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cross-functional teams to provide a consistent user experience across all of ups.com. This role discusses potential impacts with business sponsors to assess business needs and strategic goals in addition to providing resource estimates to cross-functional teams to confirm support of project initiatives.
- Partners with Customer Technology and Marketing sponsors to transform new product or application improvement ideas into project definition documents supported by marketing and usability research
- Designs annotated wireframes, screen flows, and interaction concepts to provide user experience, business-initiated design changes to the application team for functional development
- Presents wireframe mockups and prototypes for team review (e.g., project sponsors, application architects, business analysts, etc.) to ensure comprehension and agreement of changes prior to functional requirements development
- Persuades cross-functional teams, using usability research evidence and user experience guidelines, to incorporate long-range user interface design goals into ups.com design strategy
- Attends requirements meetings to understand business needs, user cases, project objectives and project scope
- Provides user experience feedback to cross-functional teams to support the creation of new application functionality and expected design impacts
- Reviews and approves business/functional requirements documentation to represent social/digital communications acceptance of documented design details and resolutions
- Determines the need for usability research based on project definition documents or business requirements to facilitate usability test execution tasks (e.g., screener questionnaires, test scenarios, data analysis requirements, etc.)
- Participates in the design and execution of research studies to collect data about customer interactions
- Analyzes customer interaction data to develop optimal user experience reports that support customer and business needs
- Presents report analyses to cross-functional teams to incorporate overall strategic user experience standards into ups.com
- Works with internal research team to design and plan research studies; creates wireframes and prototypes for use in research studies; participates in the creation, review, and approval of research survey questions; analyzes research results to identify key insights and improve usability of applications
- Drafts standard specialized/technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user’s perspective when creating technical documents; works with content strategist to get draft copy finalized and approved for use in application interfaces
- Leverages technological knowledge to achieve business objectives; resolves technological issues impeding work; adapts technological information, facts, or data to varying situations/groups; recommends changes to technological approach based upon knowledge of trends and best practices
- Understands the basics of HTML and CSS, uses understanding of HTML and CSS to influence design recommendations, works with developers to ensure designs are understood and function appropriately
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing user interfaces and flows for transactional systems
- Master's Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Experience delivering presentations to senior management, communicating strategic vision, and defending design decisions (e.g., new technology concepts, supported research data, potential project ideas, etc.)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law