- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Job ID: 315900
- Zip Code: 30005
- Street Address: 12380 MORRIS ROAD
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Alpharetta, Georgia
This position supports cross-functional sourcing teams and is responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives. The incumbent conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. This role prepares forecasts and analyzes economic trends. This position provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within procurement services. The incumbent provides vendor performance information as requested by several different airline departments and for strategic sourcing initiatives. This role develops and maintains relationships with UPS users and vendors. This position handles non-complex support and follow-on acquisitions such as renewals. The incumbent assists in writing and distribution of Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information. This role functions as both a contributing member of a contract administration team and as an observer with the intention of learning the procurement process at a more detailed level.
- Conducts data collection/analysis (i.e., internal spend, market data, bid analysis optimization, value analysis, cost/ price, etc.), supplier qualification and measurement efforts on working capital
- Supports end users/supplier in onboarding the procurement finance programs
- Develops complex spreadsheets, documents, reports, and presentations utilizing ORACLE database, MS Office Suite, spreadsheet, PSDM, SQL and e-procurement tools
- Coordinates supplier reviews to maintain business relationships with strategic global suppliers participating on procurement finance programs
- Possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with attention to detail; ability to manage multiple tasks and never losing the big picture out of sight
- Displays positive attitude, motivated and driven to succeed with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong technical background, computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications
- Displays ability to understand trends; works with graphical information and data analysis
- Possesses an understanding of operational business, including the potential impact of business decisions on various situation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, spreadsheet analysis and technical computer skills
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or related field
- Possesses strong negotiation skills
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law