Lead Applications Developer
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
Job Description Summary
The Lead Application Developer will be leading the Global Integration Center (GIC-uLINC) API & integrations Development Team. uLINC is a strategic integration platform comprising API Gateway & integration service components including B2B and A2A. uLINC provides API connectivity with customers, is a critical component in the UPS Digitalization architecture, integrates SaaS applications with on-premise applications and devices
This position provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. Directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. guides and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Leads requirement gathering, project planning, analysis, design, development, and support of applications
- Establishes Best Practices, ensures coding standards, performs code reviews, and maintains application documentation
- Leads troubleshooting of production issues and establishes support processes
- Monitors newer technologies, their benefits and applies to application development
- Collaborates with cross functional teams within IT, Business and Vendors.
- Guide and mentors team members
- Strong technical background and experience in Middleware Technologies, Messaging, architecture, design patterns and Security frameworks and concepts including SSL/TLS, certificates
- Strong Experience in developing synchronous and Asynchronous Web Services, SOAP, JSON, REST, APIs and XML
- Experience with RDMS Concepts and Cloud Database Technologies with Strong Ability to write Database Queries, PL/SQL Programming
- Experience with building Java applications and Middleware Technologies, preferably WebMethods
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field - Preferred
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.