GBS Lead Collections Associate
- Addison, Illinois
- Facility: BLOOMINGDALE
- Job ID: 245563
- Zip Code: 60101
- Street Address: 2055 ARMY TRAIL SUTIE 128
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
GBS Lead Collections Associate
- Addison, Illinois
Are you highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment? If so, UPS wants to hear from you! We are looking for a qualified Lead Collections Associate to showcase their dynamic skills.
The Lead Collections Associate is responsible for providing credit recommendations and reports based on financial data analysis which typically requires significant experience and root cause analysis. This position audits other associates’ work and may require the lead to provide follow-up training as needed. The Lead Collections Associate is also involved with the preparation of complex reports and analysis using various software packages. Knowledge of multiple products, services, or business units may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes root cause analysis of systematic and procedural abnormalities causing rating errors
- Provides analysis and recommendations using financial ratios and metrics based on financial statements and outside credit agencies data to maximize working capital
- Makes decisions regarding customer credit worthiness and Bankruptcy potentials
- Facilitates formation of cross-functional teams
- Identifies system and procedural opportunities to improve implementation efficiency and increase accuracy of credit ratings
- Coordinates and directs conference calls
- Dispatches work based on Supervisor direction
- Develops and/or completes ad-hoc and standard reporting for immediate group and other internal/external customers
- Utilizes customer financial data to scrutinize requests for small package/SCS extended terms
- Makes recommendations based on micro/macro financial analysis for current and potential customer credit terms and pricing inquiries
- Completes spreadsheets and prepares reports using data analytics and Access databases
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively and professionally present information and answer questions
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Problem solving skills requiring advanced research and root cause analysis techniques
- Ability to work in a team environment and consistently exhibit leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work in a highly measured, fast-paced, production environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Access
- Experience using Microsoft products, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient in report preparation and data analysis - Preferred
- Prior Finance & Accounting experience - Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.