A Checklist For Your First Day
1The Right Footwear
Wear only shoes with
- Sturdy uppers made of leather, man-made leather or similar protective material
- Good support
- Non-slip soles
Do not wear
- Tennis shoes/sneakers/running shoes
- Anything that does not provide protection and support
2ID & Employment Documents
- A valid (non-expired) Government Issued Photo ID
- Review the list of acceptable documents and BRING ORIGINALS—copies will not be accepted
3The right clothing
- Dress in layers so you can adjust to temperature changes
- No loose-fitting clothes that might get caught in mechanical equipment
- No shirts, hats or jackets with offensive themes, images or logos
- No loose or long jewelry—it’s better to leave all jewelry at home
Stay Hydrated - the work here is very physical
5Check your email
Confirm your official start date and other important information in the welcome letter from your local HR team.
Be on time
Report for work on time every day—your coworkers and our customers are counting on you.
Arrange your transportation
Make sure you have reliable transportation to and from work every day. Check your commute time.
Most UPS facilities have guard posts to enter and exit the building. Follow all procedures at your facility.