Enterprise Account ManagerHarrisburg Primary Location: WASHINGTON, DC - United States Facility Harrisburg Job ID 199948 Zip Code 20001
The Enterprise Account Manager is responsible for generating new business by managing business relationships between UPS and designated Enterprise Accounts, including the Retail sector. He/She executes business plans through meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals. This position leads service and sales activity across UPS's portfolio of products and services, including Freight, Package, Forwarding, and Distribution. The Enterprise Account Manager drives global business growth through solution development, customer-facing communications, contract development, value creation, and negotiation.
The Enterprise Account Manager executes the business plan through the identification and development of sales opportunities to ensure business plan objectives are achieved. This position develops and implements sales strategies to penetrate existing accounts and drive additional streams of revenue. He/She builds roadmaps that support sales execution (e.g., product mix, etc.) across UPS business units to develop timetables for delivery and achieve the business plan. The Enterprise Account Manager obtains knowledge about customers’ competitors to consult customers on UPS solutions that support their market competitiveness. This position cultivates cross-functional relationships and involves other Sales resources (e.g., Freight, Customer Solutions, etc.) to provide expertise as needed in helping customers create an efficient supply chain and demonstrates quantified value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains contract compliance to ensure elements of contracts are being followed by both UPS and the customer
- Manages the contract renewal process to ensure new contracts are negotiated prior to the expiration of existing contracts
- Utilizes DRIVE to manage customer information and provide account status to Sales teams
- Maintains and monitors customer information and account performance data for Freight, Package, and Forwarding and Distribution to track sales performance against sales objectives
- Utilizes Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance analysis
- Monitors and tracks competitors to gain competitive intelligence (e.g., business models and strategies, etc.) to be used in engaging prospects and customers (e.g., service and product comparisons, creating customer solutions, etc.)
- Demonstrates negotiation techniques such as Situations Sales Negotiation (SSN) and Delivering Profitable Sales (DPS)
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages
- Creates Account Strategies: Helps define and create specific documented account strategies; evaluates key financial indicators to establish account strategies; leverages sales and service resources to meet basic customer needs; recognizes overlap between customer needs and external industry trends
- Finance Knowledge: Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks
- Relationships: Ability to network and develop strategic relationships throughout the organization
- Experience with Business-to-Business or Business-to-Customer sales - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.