Human Resources Specialist (UK)Primary Location: Gateshead, England - United Kingdom Other Location: United Kingdom Job ID 055066 Zip Code NE11 0UX
Human Resources Specialist
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We have an exciting opportunity to join the North HR team as a full time Human Resources Specialist. As a Human Resources Specialist you are responsible for all recruitment, employee relations, long term sick management and associated administrative duties.
You will be covering all sites from Gateshead across to Carlisle and assisting all business areas.
This is a varied and challenging role that requires an experienced Human Resources professional to effectively manage all HR responsibilities within a number of UPS Centres. You will be traveling 3/4 days per week therefore a clean driving license is required. As UPS is a 24 hour operation a flexible approach to working hours is a must.
• Dealing with employee queries in a professional and timely manner whether on the phone or face to face.
• Liaising effectively with line management to assess recruitment requirements.
• Exploring and deciding on sources of recruitment for quality personnel.
• Interviewing external and internal applicants and making selection decisions.
• Performing reference checks on applicants.
• Liaising with line management regarding disciplinary's, grievances and welfare meetings and providing advice as necessary
• Entering and updating information in the HR computer system.
• Dealing with confidential documents in adherence to Data Protection law.
• Producing reports using Excel.
• Meeting set targets on a daily basis.
• Responsible for any additional tasks given.
• Competitive Salary
• Base location flexible
• Excellent benefits package including company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
• Full industry leading training
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
• Excellent communication skills
• Exemplary administrative/planning and organisational ability
• Flexible, friendly attitude required
• Able to work in a fast paced, time specific and targeted environment
• Work well in a team
• Intermediate working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Self motivated and well organized
• Ability to prioritize own workload
• Polite, professional confident manner
• Experience working in a recruitment / HR generalist background essential
• CIPD qualification preferred but not essential
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.