Senior QA Analyst
- Full Time
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Travel: No
- Facility: CONNECTSHIP, INC.
- Job ID: 182745
- Zip Code: 74133
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Senior QA Analyst
- Full Time
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how”! We are the ConnectShip|iShip subsidiary of UPS.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst provides mentorship and expertise in technologies and processes for Quality Assurance. He/She is Test Engineer responsible for the design, implementation, management and execution of test scripting, test automation and test processing for software quality assurance. He/She collaborates with the team to plan, coordinate, schedule, and manage QA resources. This position applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical skills, principles, practices, and procedures for API oriented testing methodologies and a working knowledge in planning, designing, and conducting QA reviews. He/She creates and selects tools and recommends methodologies.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for an industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference for our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! Ambition knows no time zone.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and creates testware (e.g., deliverables, plans, environment, data set-up, test cases, etc.) to ensure project test requirements are met
- Designs testware and leads test execution efforts to ensure defects are uncovered
- Assists development teams in root cause defect analyses and provides guidance in systems business process alignment to ensure proper resolution of identified defects
- Executes tests and reviews results to ensure requirements and objectives are met
- Provides Expertise in Testing across the QA Organization
- Develops and Implements New Practices and Testing Standards
- Works collaboratively on projects of moderate to high complexity and independently on projects of low to moderate complexity
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly developed problem solving, technical and analytical skills with the ability to innovate solutions for complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective at creating, proof reading and editing technical documents
- Expert understanding of software testing concepts and software problem reporting
- Understands the different parts of the software development life cycle and experience with Agile/Scrum models
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills and ability to multi-task
- Software design and coding, including, but not limited to, C++, C#, VB.NET, VBScript, SQL, XML, XSL
- Prior experience testing software using test automation tools
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science or related field - Preferred
- Experience with shipping and/or carrier business rules - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.