Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Full Time
- Town of Londonderry, New Hampshire
- Travel: No
- Facility: Londonderry
- Job ID: 202505
- Zip Code: 03053
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Full Time
- Town of Londonderry, New Hampshire
UPS Supply Chain Solutions, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion per year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions. If you are a highly motivated individual with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, UPS has exciting and challenging career opportunities for you.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (Senior BSA) works independently on the development and management of business and functional requirements that define solutions for business problems and opportunities that fit within the strategic vision and project objectives. This is all in a date-driven business and application development environment for one or more highly complex projects or one or more cross-functional projects. He/She will work with the business partners across multiple business functions to align technology solutions securely with business strategies through the inclusion of information security principles, standards and practices. In this position, the Senior BSA will participate in the development of project initiation activities, project scope definition and documenting business and functional requirements for mission critical implementations. He/She will also be involved in business process modeling as well as in the development of fully dressed use cases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Elicits, analyzes and communicates complex business needs
- Creates and manages detailed, clear written business and functional requirements for one or more highly complex projects, or one or more cross-functional projects
- Works independently with some guidance from a Lead Business Systems Analyst or Project Leader and adheres to established standards and procedures
- Creates and maintains a requirements traceability matrix
- Manages the requirements change control process of all data
- Participates in peer and team reviews of requirements documentation to ensure quality
- Participates in reviews of developer, architect and quality assurance deliverables to ensure alignment with documented requirements
- Identifies, addresses, negotiates, records, reports, manages and escalates action items, risks and issues associated to the project
- Provides feedback to less experienced business analysts on their work products
Knowledge and Skills
- 3-5 years' experience and demonstrated expertise in business analysis and in creating business analysis work products (e.g., business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, business process models, requirement traceability matrices, GUI visualizations, etc.)
- Familiar with different analytic and modeling techniques, tools, industry standards and best practices
- Subject matter expertise in business analysis
- Familiar with systems development lifecycle
- Strong analytic, problem solving, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Familiar with the business and technology goals and objectives of a project, understands business processes with the ability to elicit and recognize business problems to be solved or opportunities to be capitalized on
- Business analysis skills
- Business process modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related business discipline - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.