(Temporary) Package Delivery DriverPrimary Location: 2900 Steeles Ave. , Toronto, Ontario - CA, L4K 3S2 Job ID 062464
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Delivery Driver position is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s G or higher license issued in the state of Ontario. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided vest.
Job Type: Full-Time – Temporary (with a possibility of becoming a permanent role in the future)
Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON L4K 3S2
Workdays: Tuesday to Saturday
Shift Start: Between 9:00AM and 11:00AM
Shift Duration: 8-12 hours per day
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver and pick-up packages in an efficient and effective manner
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods
- Assist with loading/unloading the trucks as required
- Record, track and maintain information about delivered packages
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
- Ability to read and navigate with maps/map books
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Delivery experience (will be considered an asset)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $18.00/hr (base rate of $16.00 + an hourly bonus of $2.00)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
Wear a company-provided vest and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
In our industry this position is also known as Courier, Delivery Driver, Personal Vehicle Driver, etc.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.