Package Handler - Early Morning ShiftPrimary Location: 2900 Steeles Ave. , Toronto, Ontario - CA, L4K 3S2 Job ID 061506
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Handler’s position is a physical, fast-paced and labor-intensive role within a warehouse environment that involves sorting/stocking packages as well as loading and unloading them into and out of UPS package delivery vehicles and trailers.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON L4K 3S2.
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Duration: 3-5 hours per day *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times).
Monday - 1:30AM to 6:30AM
Tuesday - 4:00AM to 9:00AM
Wednesday - 4:00AM to 9:00AM
Thursday - 4:00AM to 9:00AM
Friday - 4:00AM to 9:00AM
- Load and unload packages into package delivery vehicles and trailers
- Learn and properly execute company-established package handling methods
- Sort and stock packages based on postal codes
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Ability to read and memorize postal codes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles
- Warehouse experience (would be considered an asset)
- $16.10/hr (base rate of $14.25 + an hourly bonus of $1.85) and automatic progression up to $25.99/hr
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $9,000 per year + $300 for course materials (books)
- Health and dental benefits after one year of service
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Exposed to changing temperatures while working in a warehouse environment.
- In our industry this position is also known as Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Associate, Sorter, Loader/Unloader, and Shipper/Receiver.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.