Finance Manager (based in Tokyo)Primary Location: MS Shibaura Bldg. 13F, 4-13-23, Shibaura , Minato-ku, Tokyo - JP, 108-0023 Job ID 061082
The Finance Manager leads Finance & Accounting Function and Finance Committee. He/She provides feasible and solid direction to drive organization’s financial operational and improve financial performance. This includes overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, developing strategies, conducting studies, analysis and monitoring expenditure. The role covers the ability to harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial solutions, driving revenue and profit growth, compliance and regulatory management, supervising and developing finance function as well as maintaining good collaboration across all levels in the organization.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Analyze the financial climate, business dynamic and market changes to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans
- Interpret complex financial information and provide timely updates as needed to improve financial performance
- Analyzes, consolidates and directs all cost accounting, statistical and routine reports distribution
- Performs variance analysis to provide data for evaluating business results, identify areas for improvement, evaluate profitability and responds to ad-hoc requests from cross-functional groups to achieve ultimate business goals
Business Planning and Forecasting
- Coordinates planning with Operations to ensure business plans and weekly cost forecast are aligned with operational capabilities
- Manages the development of capital budgets to ensure effective utilization of financial resources
- Gathers data to make best revenue, expense and profit forecast. Stay abreast of current market trends, act and plan accordingly
- Participates in establishing of goals to assess the financial impact on the business unit and drives the development of planning tools/ templates as well as financial models and strategies
- Ensure all company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulation and legislation
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial and statutory or regulatory risk
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the Managing Operating Plans, procedures and policies are well maintained and updated
- Work closely with external, internal auditors, shared service centers, Global Accounting Center to ensure financial and accounting monitoring is up-to-date
- Manages contracts management, records retention and FCPA or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act matters
- Participates in monthly BRCC or Business Risk and Compliance Committee meeting
- Develops project management plans, provides financial guidance and support
- Demonstrates cross functional collaboration ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and adherent of deadlines
- Direct and control of finance staff to ensure they are appropriately motivated and developed to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in similar capacity with solid understanding of business principles and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with successful people management experience.
- Attention to details, exceptional analytical, conceptual, and critical problem-solving abilities.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both Japanese and English to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well in a team with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access).
- Candidate must be comfortable to travel within Japan as and when required basing on business needs.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.